Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Camping Munchies

Just got back from almost a week of camping, and boy does all that tent pitching and swimming down river make you hungry! I spent Thursday through Monday in the White Mountains of New Hampshire with my boyfriend's family for some good ole' R&R. My contribution for the trip was homemade trail mix and chocolate chip cookies. (Recipes are to follow don't you worry.) We had the typical hamburgers, hot dogs, steak and marshmallows over the fire, but the yummiest meal I had on the trip was probably breakfast Saturday morning. His parent's whipped up eggs over-easy with bacon and toast all roasted to perfection over the campfire. This morning's cereal just didn't compare after that =(


Trail-mix Recipe

(The amounts of the following ingredients are up to your discretion; it all comes down to preference. I added more M&Ms, almonds, and raisins because they are my favorite trail-mix essentials)
Dried pineapple
Dried cranberries
Dried blueberries
Raisins
Natural, unsalted almonds
Honey-roasted peanuts
Natural, unsalted walnuts
Dark chocolate M&Ms
Toss all ingredients well in a large Ziploc storage bag, seal tight for optimum freshness!

I'll post my chocolate chip cookie recipe soon, with some pictures of the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment